Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Soap Making Spark

I have dabbled in soapmaking before. As a teenager, I  once made a batch of soap from scratch in my Mom's kitchen, much to her dismay. Years ago I made some melt & pour soaps for Christmas presents.

So the other night, I was thinking back on where my recent soap making obsession began (and it has been an obsession). It is thanks to my daughter and a you tube video she showed me of Emilie Autumn on a craft show making fairy wings and melt & pour soap. Emilie Autumn is a great alternative/punk singer with a huge voice and a very burlesque type style.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara

    I think you would be very good at the soap making business. I remember when you made some soaps for presents one Christmas; they were such pretty soaps and they smelled very wonderful, you hated to use them as soaps!

    Many people do like the beautiful soaps and these products could become a very profitable business.

    There is much more work/research that has to be accomplished than I thought!! Wow!! You will be great at the research too! Hey, I didn't realize that commercial types of soap were mostly detergents!! That's amazing!

    I'd have to think of favorite scents too!

    I think this will work for you, too! Good luck in your decision! I know you are excited!! I don't blame you either for being so excited.

    Thanks for sharing your idea with me! It's a cool one too! I do hope these comments are helpful?

    ReplyDelete